Every spring, I spend a good amount of time drawing our school plan and the goals we want to accomplish for the coming year. I go on a much anticipated mommy retreat to be refreshed and to wait on God- to make sure that our humble ideas align with His. Those plans and retreats vary each year, but we have this set of goals that pretty much remain constant. I thought it would be neat to share them with you.
This is definitely not comprehensive, but a good account of what we want our education to look like. We have it framed so that we could always be reminded and to help us stay in track.
- Love God above all.
- Seek and love God’s Word.
- Love neighbor as self.
- Be comfortable with how God made you and respectful of how God made others.
- Show respect. Practice compassion.
- Communicate effectively and thoughtfully.
- Learn the value of exercise and regular time outdoors.
- Understand how money works and make wise financial decisions.
- Grow in love of studying God’s Word. Memorize scriptures.
- Comprehend what is read.
- Apply discernment in choosing what to read.
- Communicate effectively and with choice words.
- Practice best handwriting.
- Apply what is learned in real life situations.
- Learn how to handle money.
- Make sense of people’s role in history. See God’s hand in it.
- Be good stewards of creation.
- Apply basic scientific laws in everyday situations.
- Instill love of outdoors and study of nature. Appreciate complexity of creation.
- Learn basic skills to manage the home.
Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. (Hab 2:2)