There’s a few things I love about this dish. (Yes, we eat chicken.)
- It’s easy to make.
- It calls for a few ingredients that I usually have available.
- Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Serving it makes me feel like a gourmet cook.
- It’s that good.
- And leftover makes great salad topping for lunch the next day.
The original recipe calls for 6 preserved anchovy fillets which I didn’t have, so I went with Red Boat fish sauce (which is about the only fish sauce I would use.)
Chicken and Artichokes with Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 3T butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1t Red Boat fish sauce (approx.)
- 2 lbs boneless free-range chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 14-oz cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 c parsley, roughly chopped
Combine olive oil and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the butter and oil is bubbling, turn off the heat and mix in garlic, lemon zest and fish sauce.
Turn the broiler on high.
Combine chicken and artichokes in baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over and mix well to coat. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring several times until done.
Garnish with parsley.
Excuse me while I snack on leftovers.
:: adapted from Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals by Mark Sisson and Jennifer Meier, photos by aliyah